Mittwoch, 26. Juni 2013

Let the adventure begin (Part 1)

The weather this morning wasn't as good as I'd expected so I decided to cancel the leisure day in Sofia and get near to the next planned target in Montenegro. The adventure startet at the Macedonia border, after more than  half an hour waiting, I was glad having just one car in front of me and that I had bought some cherries just before. The officer took my documents, inspected them around 10 minutes, asked me to take the helmet and glasses of then stamped the passport and said it's ok you can go. I put all my gear back on, started the engine and just after 5 meters another guy comes out and asks me to open the alu cases, damn! couldn't the first guy just tell me that I still have customs ahead?

Some kms later I got to a crossing where ideally I should have taken the highway, but, as I was still not sure if I used the Romanian and Bulgarian highways irregularly, I decided to take the road besides it, which was not a good idea. Not sure if about whether or not there a border crossing, I asked the locals about it and they said "no border in this road, you need to go that way!" and pointed to the street on the right.

Well some times it's maybe better not to ask and just turn around by yourself. This is where the road ended up and I bet the locals are still waiting for me to come back. This is one of the reasons why I ride and love this bike.





Hmm! This looks like a rail crossing...



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.