Donnerstag, 27. Juni 2013

Let the adventure begin (Part 2) + Montenegro

After I got to Serbia, I found out that the map I loaded on my gps had no city names just as many question marks as the name of a village was supposed to have and I knew where I wanted to go but without names it got really difficult to find something on the small screen. 

GPS alone doesn't allways do it :)

I needed to buy a map but had no Serbian dinars so I drove to the first tank station (they all take credit cards) no luck, drove to the next one and finally got my maps. Well I drove past the best road by 16kms I thought that it could have gone worse, turned back and got on the road to Prizren where I planned to spend the night. After 40kms all of a sudden I got to a border that I wasn't expecting, showed them my documents as asked and at the end the asks me " - Have you got insurance for Kosovo?" and I, convicted, answered "- Yes, sure!" and took my green card out, the guy replied "- that isn't valid!", WTF!? how come? I looked the green card closer and there wasn't Kosovo in it, neither as allowed nor as not, damn! 
The office replied that if I want to cross, I'll need to buy an insurance at the office near by. So I went and the guy looks at me and it's 50€ -How much? 50€, well that's expensive - It's for 52 weeks! I don't need 52 weeks, just two days. 
It was getting late but I was not willing to spend 50€, for less I can eat and sleep in a very good place. Went back to the office and him to return me my passport -give the insurance please and - I'm turning back, not going to cross anymore! You should have seen his face, it might well be the first time that someone took such a decision.
Done all the way back to the main road to Belgrad and startet looking at the map for the next big town where I could find a place to sleep, then I got into reserve and my priority changed, drove past Niš as there was a sign pointing the next gas station in 10kms and I relly needed at this point, on the way out to the station I saw this uge Hotel and decided to go get a quote for the night, as I got near, startet thinking that it didn't look that good after all, drove to where it seamed to be the reception parked the bike, looked at the door and an old comming out, saying it's closed. Jumped on the bike, got some gas an searched for the next possible place to stay, Aleksinac seamed to be a good place, got there, drove around, nothing, big village but no place for foreigners to spend the night. Back to the main road and up we go, at this time I was already calculating how late I would be in Belgrad if I didn't find a place to stay but luckily it was not necessary, after 50 more kms I finally found a place to stay.

Today I drove all the way down, around Kosovo to Montenegro









My home for the next two days :)

1 Kommentar:

  1. Nice landscape... Omg, ur 2 days home is looking like a kennel.. nice experience thou.. U need a bone? :P

    AntwortenLöschen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.