Sonntag, 10. Januar 2016

Closing the circle

While in Grotte I had the change to watch one of these fire fighting airplanes picking up water and dropping it again in appeared to be a training program, quite impressive.
I know, not the best picture of it but I didn't realise immediately what the plane was doing and by the time I got the camera out it was already too far away :)

After Grotte I Drove along the north coast until Palermo and was quite surprised about the condition of some road stretches with good flat tarmac, didn't expect to find something like this in this island. 
Later on at dinner I ordered a big bottle of water which had an interesting size.
It's just amazing how far marketing and sales departments go to fool consumers and try to hide price raises.
In Palermo and after spending some time trying to find the office from Grimaldi to do the check-in I went for dinner in the Osteria Lo Blanco which I absolutely recommend regardless of some negative comments on the Trip***sor site, from the Palermo port you walk up the Via Emerico Amari up 200 meters and you will find it on the left side, be aware that you'll have to wait for a free table if don't reserve or are there when then open.
The last two days were quite unpleasant with stormy winds from the north and I was wondering how that would feel inside this huge ferry and if I would be able to arrive in Livorno without getting seasick, well I did but the crew seamed to have expected that some of us do there where plastic bags hanging all over the ship.
On my way back home I opted for a different route crossing Switzerland over the San Bernardino, it was quite difficult to find an empty spot to park the bike on reserved parking space, wonder why? :-)
Based on my latest experience in Sicily generally and specialy in and around Catania, I made a couple of diagrams that show how the majority of the Sicilians understand traffic lights and signs that can help you survive a visit to the island accident free.

Be aware that it can be very dangerous if you respect the speed limits and if you're willing to keep always a good look your mirrors, I didn't on one place, a connection (single) lane on a highway crossing with rails on both sides, while driving in the middle well guess what, a car coming from behind saw those 2 millimeters one of each side of his car between me and the left rail and overtook me on the left, I didn't even notice that there was someone behind me when I entered that lane, what an idiot.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.