Donnerstag, 7. Januar 2016

The North East

I've been struggling the last days to get my tank filled up, the most gas stations are unattended and the only choice I had was to use bank notes which don't give you change. The stations that still have someone available to fill up for you, charge around 20 cents extra per liter. After three days I finally found  someone kind enough to inform the cashier that you'd like to fill up by myself and got the pump unlocked.
Drove the coast up past Messina, this side is worth seeing and I do think that this is the best time to do it, all day with temperatures above 20 degrees and a nice view of the Etna and I look at all the closed hotels and emtpy holiday apartments I don't think it is that fun to drive around in Summer, even now it took a lot of time to cross some villages. All the restaurants I drove by were closed, ended up stopping in a bar where I saw "foccacia" writen outside and that's what I had for lunch. 

I had already eaten foccacia before but it was the first time that someone asked me if I wanted half a kilo, a kilo or one and a half kilos of it.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.