Montag, 15. Februar 2016

Unplaned trip

I had  some vacation time reserved to help friends but shortly before the planned start date they told that they would do ok without me. According to the company's roadbook, this year is going to be a nightmare in terms of work, trowing away an approved vacation time didn't seam to an acceptable alternative at this point.
My travel list of intended destinations is quite long and since the winter in Europe started to  be annoying, I had a look at the the available options and pretty soon a teenager dream was on it's best way to finally come true.

Mails got exchanged, problems as far as I could solved, details fixed, flight booked and here I am on the other side of the world. The customs took quite long, they demand a staying address, which I didn't had since I'll be ridding around but at the ende they were happy with a name and telefone number. John was already waiting outside and we spent the night with friends chatting about bikes, mods and trips, fallen a sleep to the beautiful sound of eucalyptus leaves blown by the wind.

Sunday morning packed things up by freezing temperatures and left on time for my first interesting experience. Xander had gave some directions "turn left, than right, up to the highway, ride the will down and turn right at the first traffic light" and he mentioned that it was just around the corner. I followed his instructions correctly but after over 10 kms, due to the European feeling of "around the corner" :-), thought to be on the wrong way shortly before the traffic lights.

I was still undecided about the direction to take but after getting to the coast near Burns Beach, followed the sunset road up to Cervantes.


On the way stopped at Leemann's boat landing.
A common sign every now and then along the coast
and others that make you reflect when you're on a bike not to take your eyes of the road for too long.
 Stoppt to take a picture of the Xanthorrhoea preissii which is at risk in the Midwest.
Specially if the fire continues to happen, always a depressing view, no matter where in the world.
The Pinnacles, got there a little bit late, they close at 4:30pm
Sunset near Cervantes.
To close the day I decided to taste the Aussie version of Fish & Chips.
and closed the day with a Pinnacle :-)
Not much comments about the prices around here but I thing you can do cheaper in Switzerland.




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.