Montag, 29. Februar 2016

Outback, last day

It was already dusk when we arrived at the Rowles Lagoon yesterday and I profited from the last light rays to put up my tent, after what I went a swim and wash up in the lagoon.
In the morning I was glad that I couldn't see the color of the water because it felt very good to get rid of the dust and if I had saw it I would probably not get in.
We had a couple of storms passing by in the night and it seamed that it would rain again during the day, the plan for the day was to visit Lake Ballard and have a look at the statues. On the in saw the first kangaroo alive since I got to Australia. I had been warned about the road conditions when it rains, they should get very slippery and quite hard to stay on the bike in some spots. Today I had the chance to experience it, when you look at the 8 to 10 meter wide, flat and straight road, the last thing you'd think is that it could be dangerous but I was very glad to be ridding carefully when my front tire started to slide to the right while my rear tire went to the left, it's just like black ice on the road you just don't know what the bike is going to do next.
When I finally hit the sealed road near lake Ballard I noticed that something was wrong with my front tire, after a closer look it seamed like I had punctured it. While the others went to see the statues, I stayed at the information point pumping the tire and trying to find out where the air came out. The front rim was looking like this but the problem was the valve, it was loosing air, just don't know why it appeared to have started just now.
The lake has 51 statues that where installed to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Perth International Arts Festival in 2003 by acclaimed British artist Antony Gormley, unfortunately there was water in the lake and I could not get near the statues.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.