Montag, 22. Februar 2016

Kalgoorlie–Boulder

I've been ridding the motorbike every day since I got here and planed to have an easy day before I head up to the Outback with John, Steph and Neal. The Kalgoorlie city was founded during the Yilgarn-Goldfields gold rush, and is located close to the so-called "Golden Mile". 
These are the kind of birds that will come into your backyard if you hang some seeds around.
In the morning I went to take a look at the Super Pit, which is Australia's largest open cut gold mine. The pit is oblong in shape and is approximately 3.5 kilometers long, 1.5 kilometers wide and 570 meters deep.
It's quite difficult to give you an idea of how big this hole really is, the small dots slightly in the middle of the picture are haul trucks about to be filled with ore. Take a look at how big the bucket alone is, I've placed my helmet in for a size perspective.
Relaxing and checking notes at one of the many available rest spots in WA.
 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.