Sonntag, 2. November 2014

Negombo

I arrived in Colombo at 2:35am, not the best time in the world to get into the unknown. To my surprise it was dry when I got out of the airport but it didn't take long for things to change and at the hotel I had to take of my shoes to get to the door as the ground was covered with at least 3 inches of water.

After spending 24 hours without sleeping I was glad to finally be able to jump in my bed.



The day started the same way it ended, with heavy rain, in this case a good reason to remain a little bit longer in bed. The night was very short but regardless of being Sunday, there's loud work activity coming through my open windows and after a while I decide to stand up and get some breakfast before it's too late. Fortunately the Guest House I'm staying in has a covered area which allows us to have breakfast outside without getting wet.



When the rain stopped in the afternoon I went for a walk and try to have a look at the bikes we'll pick up tomorrow.


There's no way you can walk around ;-)


The guy drove me back on his tuck tuck


and then lunch

View from inside

Prawns Fiesta in Coconut


followed by a walk at seaside


and a Coconut on the way back


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.