Freitag, 7. November 2014

Kandy

Today we decided to stay in Kandy, actually the decision was to choose a nice hotel and remain here for a couple of days. We did choose the hotel but it was not as good as expected. The view is OK the rest not so.
View over Kandy
 In the evening we had hot water, in the morning only cold water was available, it was supposed to have WiFi everywhere but it only works in the lobby. In the morning when I went to take breakfast, there were two tables near the window and no other guests on the room but the waiter told me that I couldn't sit there because our table was the one 10 meters away from the windows without no daylight at all, I asked why? There's nobody here, what's the difference? He had no answer for that and let sit on the second table after what he brought me this "french" fruit salad :-)
and then these small omelet, two small german sausage and two slices of raw potatoes. The coffee cup was dirty and when I asked him to change it, he said it was just a peace of bread and a got little bit mad about lack of comprehension.

After breakfast we went to visit the tooth palace, you have to take your shoes of and wear pants, otherwise they wont let you in. There are three rooms there where locals throw money in bowls, the tourists are immediately pushed away. I didn't feel any religious atmosphere in there, just "all for the money".
 
 
 


Then we tried to have lunch very fast and go see the elephants taking bath in the river. 

I was the first to arrive there, a guy told to park my bike in the park and also that I had to pay 2500 rupees to see the elephants taking bath, I waited until the others came and then he commented that for 500 more we could ride, feed and take a shower. After a long argumentation and price discussions, we decided to do it but I must say that I felt bad about it afterwards.



The way back to Kandy was a nightmare, it took me almost two hours to do 35kms and the first 30 only took around 40 minutes.

They have these jets of water along the road but I didn't figured out what they should be good for, maybe to draw the attention of the drivers for the upcoming fruit stands.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.