Donnerstag, 9. Februar 2017

Up to the Caribbean Coast

Spent the night in Salento and found out that Colombian cocks start to sing at 3 in the morning and not at sunrise like the European ones.
This is like a not so cold shower looks like around here by the way.
A lot of people here seam to live from tourism, the Willys jeeps in the central square are all waiting for passengers to Cocoro and there's where I went after convincing a juicer to sell sell me a pure orange juice, it seams to be a Colombian tradition to mix natural juices either with water or milk which I don't quite understand apart from increasing profit.
On my way to Cocoro I bumped into this guy ridding on a small motorcycle and keeping his horses in front of him at around 20 km/h pace.
I drove a while behind him because I didn't really new how to overtake the horses without having some panicking a run against something.
There was a nice steep unpaved track that goes deeper into the valley but I was not on an appropriate bike to doit, maybe another time.
Then I moved on through Zona Cafetera.
I am sure there must be more beautiful places than where I drove through because after seeing the one in Sri Lanka, these didn't impress me much.
Further north the temperature started to increase and I saw landscapes that I wasn't expecting in Colombia.
The ride was a continuously stop and go, with a lot road works and a road closure due to an accident, I spent more than 3 hours waiting in total.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.