Dienstag, 7. Februar 2017

Colombia

Last year I planed to visit Colombia with a friend but then work came in between and the trip had to be postponed to a later time, at the end of the year we finally agreed to do it at the end of January. Then when everything was set to go, my friend canceled his travel plans in the last minute, leaving me alone. This forced me to make some adjustments and departure was set to the beginning of February.
Spent the first days in Cali and surroundings until I got a bike available for this tour, didn't make any reservations upfront due to the destination of my next trip which was still not 100% settled until my arrival in Colombia, which made things more complicated.

There are some interesting aspects and surprises when visiting Colombia. My first one was the flight itself, as maybe not much to do with the country but it was the first time I had to leave the plane and later go back to take the same place, including taking the hand luggage. Then when I first tried to get money out of a cash machine, it timed out before I was able to enter my pin, because they have a protection cover above the numpad and these are visible if you're about 130-140cm high. It is quite an exercise to get done.
The next day I came across this shop with a sign asking their customers to please leave their motorcycles outside.
Not everyone takes the traffic lights seriously, to a point that I normally only cross the street when the traffic has green light, that's the only way this guys predictable :-)
If you're driving, specially at night, you should always prepared to brake at green lights and should never drive over at normal speeds, if you want to avoid accidents.
Another surprise is that you have pay for parking almost everywhere, motorcycles inclusive.
Parking space for motorcycles at a commercial center
 A couple doing show dancing salsa at Sebastián de Belalcázar monument
Iglesia de San Antonio
Cristo Rey
My first Colombian meal 



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.