Donnerstag, 9. Februar 2017

On the way to Salento

Once I finally found a bike, drove back to my hostel to get my luggage, it was on new tires but handling pretty bad and besides that it was nearly impossible to put in neutral,it would always jump to second or first depending on which gear you were before. Went back to the rental and fortunately another bike available but I still lost a lot of time.
Short of time I headed to Salento, watching traffic and drivers behavior, learning how to drive in Colombia, speed limits seam to be only of decorative nature around here, only pedestrians and horse riders respect them, most of the motorcycle riders ride it like they've stolen it, well, some possibly did :-)
On the road I found the only traffic rule that all drivers respect around here, a stop sign at road works, even motorcyclists do it. What I found very interesting is that, cars, when they arrive first at such a stop, they leave a fair distance for motorcyclists to get in front of them and be able to pass first, they actually do the same at traffic lights by the way, not very common in Europe such behavior.







Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.