Mittwoch, 15. Februar 2017

Cartagena

The north coast, up to Cartagena, did not offer much highlights it was very windy for the most part and the road is not in good shape. When entering Cartagena I notice that the traffic is much slower and calm than on all my way here. It looks like they've a lot of speed cams around and that hurts when you get caught.

I had not looked for a place to stay beforehand because I was not planing to drive this far. It was getting late and after 6 pm you're supposed to wear a vest with your license plate numbers, so I was hopping to find something before. It took me a while to find the way to Bocagrande where I knew is full with hotels, hostels, apartments ... On the other hand this place is full of tourists and that attracts scammers as well, and right at the entrance to this area there were guys holding signs with apartment written on it and other shouting apartment! apartment! I've got a room for you! It's from my brother!

Due to the traffic congestion I could not easily get away and some run near me and shout it's only $$$, enough to know that they were asking three times the regular price for a legal hotel room.

This is how Bocagrande looks like on the Atlantic side.
Took a day off to walk around and visit the gold museum.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.