Donnerstag, 3. März 2016

Following the coastline

Went for a short ride on the weekend, this time drove the shortcut over the beach to get to Cape Le Grand National Park which is about 23 km one way and then back again.
Regardless of the problems I was having with the Transalp and it being extremely hot that day, it was an amazing ride. Spent a couple of days in Esperance, drove the great ocean drive. The waitress where I had breakfast told me about the Pink Lake but it was not that pink at the moment, apparently it rained a lot 8 years ago and it lost it's color since then.
The next day John took me to Lake Warden which is now pink, we walked the Lake until I could take a picture of the water.
This is how my shoes looked like after the walk on the salty water.
The next day I packed up and continued along the coast, when I stopped for breakfast I noticed that I had a clandestine passenger on board :-)
It was very hot and windy until Albany, a town that I did not find attractive enough to spend more than a night there.
Followed the coast until Walpole where visited the Valley of the Giants, did also the Tree Top Walk but would not recommend, it's just a round bridge for tourists to spent some money, after that I explored the coast, went to Peaceful Bay and would like to continue along the sandy track but did not wanted to do it alone with the big bike, maybe next time :)
Got this guy suddenly in front of me while walking to the Conspicuous Beach lookout, fortunately he decided to be so kind and get out of my way.
 Awesome place for an EcoNomads :)
Moved on with the plan to continue along the coast, had a look at the Fernhook Falls, looks like it's not the right time of year for to impress someone.
The road from Walpole is really nice with twists up and downs and keeping me busy with a big smile when I suddenly eared a noise that seamed to come from the bike. I stopped, looked around but did not see anything, then let it roll down the hill with the engine off but again nothing, rode a bit further until I got a save spot to inspect the bike better, checked the temperature of the rear axle as I suspected the problem to be the bearing and I seamed to be right. Due to this I had to change my planed route and head directly and slowly to Bunbury trying to keep the bike upright and hoping to get there without the need to get towed.    

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.