Samstag, 5. März 2016

Bunker Bay

Managed to get to Bunbury without needing to get towed, searched the address of the Honda dealer in town and gave it a go, to check if I could get the bearing replaced within an acceptable time frame.
The shop employee greated me like I was their client for ages, very different from the German style "- What do I have to do for you today?". 
After explaining my problem with bike good visible. 
- What model is that? 
- It's a Varadero 
- Hmmm! 
- Well actually is an XL1000V... 
- Aaah! We don't have it on stock but could have it by tomorrow or... let me see, if you grab one from the bearing shop down the road we can have it fixed this afternoon. 
Now that's what I call service, she then corrected that it was already too late to have it done in the afternoon but she gave me all details about the needed bearing and where to get it. At least in Germany dealers don't like that you show up with parts bought somewhere else, they always try to sell you the exact same part a lot more expensive. Next day was all bike repair, chillen and beach. Having to spend an extra night in Bunbury, as I had paid for it up front, I decided to go back a bit check a couple of spots I had missed due to the forced route change and it proved to be a good ideia. Road through the Tuart Forest, which contains the largest remaining section of pure tuart forest in the world. Traditionally the state forest associated with this stand of trees has been known as the Ludlow State Forest.
The road to Cape Naturaliste, is an awesome ride, it reminded me of Cabo da Roca but this one was completely desert and I found it even more enjoyable.
On the way back I drove down to Bunker Bay, what a beautiful spot, nobody around, clear water, peaceful, best conditions to snorkel which I did :-)
Meelup beach.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.