Donnerstag, 31. Dezember 2015

All the way down until the sun comes out

Drove down the lake Garda on the left side, after having spent the night in Riva del Garda and used the sauna to warm things up, really nice road, close to the lake but shadow  all the way to Garda and then it got worse, thick fog covered the road with the temperature dropping to 1 degree centigrade. 
I could barely see more than 50 to a 100 meters away for the next 200 kms but then right in the middle of the Appennini Alpes, the sun came out and made the ride enjoyable. I had a couple of these moments in my life while travelling by motorcycle, ridding through deep fog, freezing and starting to question the motivation for what you're doing when suddenly the fog ends and the warming sun reminds you in seconds why. I had no further fog until Pisa where I arrived at sunset.
Had some cappuccino and a nice cake in the pedestrian zone and then went to take a look at the most famous monument in town.
Then drove further to Livorno where I took the ferry to Palermo. 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.