Freitag, 16. Juni 2017

Greece

Now that I've got the tire problem solved, my biggest concern is to get an insurance green card for Europe, not being able to get at the Turkey entry border as expected left me with a big problem. During my in Turkey I've done some research and ask for possible solutions and found a Canadian guy that mentioned just having done a green card at the Bulgarian border but without mentioning where he crossed so I went for the biggest one, just in case. Stopped for the night near the border, to get there in the morning, done all passport and vehicle controls but at the end got through without anyone asking or requiring an insurance card from me and I didn't saw any kiosks as the other guy mentioned where I could have bought the insurance, drove all the way to the Greece border, same thing no questions about the insurance. Now ridding in Greece illegally, it was time to have another break and try to sort things out.
Greek mixed salad not really what I was expecting to be honest.
... and a nice fisch to go with it :-)
Mailboxes in Greece.
Had a chat with the owner of the bike, explaining the situation and suggesting that the easiest way would be to extend the Portuguese insurance which he agreed with. A day later I had finally a .pdf of a valid green card insurance for Europe and was now all legal and able to ride in every direction.
Loaded cherry trees all over the place near to Macedonia. 
I went west, to visit Meteora but it was very hot for the first time and not much to see on the way so I changed direction and went north to enter Macedonia and have a look at the lake Ohrid instead.
Beautiful lake but difficult to get in pictures, it's worth visiting I you're near. I had a couple of these animals crossing the road along my journey, couple of times in Kazakhstan and also in Russia but I wasn't fast enough to get a picture of them, in Macedonia I finally got one on camera :-)
My next stop would be the Blue Eye in Albania but easier to say than to do. Now there is one thing that I'm trying to avoid and that is to get a flat tire again. What happened was that the roads that looked paved on the GPS, in reality were all unpaved and the paved roads in Albania are already a challenge to do without breaking anything. A flat tire was not the only reason why I'm trying to avoid unpaved roads, on these you need to ride at a much slower pace if you're not willing to break anything. Following the only paved road I ended up back in Greece again. But before that I found a road to the past, that I obviously didn't follow.
The road in Greece was really nice and completely empty, I enjoy ridding this kind of roads.
Here is something I didn't knew that you could find in the wilderness in Greece even if I only saw the sign.
Back to the see once again.
For a meal, what else :-)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.